Sunday, January 2, 2011

Set Your Goals - Then Tell Someone

I am going to digress for a moment from my running safety advice and talk about Goals for the New Year. It takes only two things to meet a goal, A Plan and Accountability. Take a few minutes to write down a Goal, and then three objectives to get you there.  Then share it with a trusted friend that will love you enough to hold you to your objectives.

Whether your goals are Spiritual, Financial, Family, and Fitness or running; make your Goal definitive so you are for sure when you have achieved it. Last year my goal was to complete certain races, and when I crossed the finish line, I knew I had met my goal.

Maybe your goal this year is to:           
  • Complete your first Half Marathon
  • Complete your first 5K without walking
  • Run your best 10K time
  • Complete your first trail race
  • Run to raise money for a cause important to you
No matter the goal, decide now, plan it out, and tell someone. Be selfish for a moment and dream big! You will be most beneficial to your family and your community, if you first take care of yourself.
We are always here for running and endurance training questions, and to keep you accountable to achieving your Personal Best.

Happy New Year!  And here’s to running your Personal Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment